Enrolment Process and Fees
The Lakes College seeks to enrol students who are able to make a positive contribution to the life of the College and who will benefit from its academic, extra-curricular and pastoral care programs. Applicants should demonstrate a willingness to take advantage of the extensive opportunities available and be supportive of the College’s Christian ethos.
Applications for registration can now be completed online. Click here to commence an online application. Should you prefer to download and print an Application for Registration, click here to download the Application for Registration form.
All applications require:
- A photocopy of the student’s most recent school report (not original) and NAPLAN results (if applicable)
- A photocopy of the student’s birth certificate or passport (if born overseas, please attach evidence of student's arrival date and visa if applicable)
- A non-refundable Registration Fee of $A100
On receipt of the completed Application for Registration form, copies of latest school reports and the $100 non-refundable registration fee, each student’s name is added to a waiting pool. An enrolment interview may be scheduled in accordance with the Enrolment Policy and criteria listed on the Application for Registration form.
A separate registration is required for each student in the family. It is our hope that families who wish all of their children to attend The Lakes College will be able to do so. Every effort is made to accommodate siblings of students already enrolled at The Lakes College. However, to avoid disappointment it is advisable to register applications for all students in the family at the same time. Consideration will be given to establishing and maintaining a gender balance across the College.
Enrolment applications can be made at any time and are processed on the following criteria:
- Availability of places in year level
- Interview outcome
- Staff children
- Sibling connection
- Gender balance
- Date of registration
- College connections
The payment of a non-refundable Registration Fee does not guarantee enrolment or the opportunity for an interview. The Enrolment Policy may be varied at any time at the Principal’s discretion:
- Completion and return of an Application for Registration form for each enrolling child to the College Registrar with a non-refundable Registration Fee of $100 (per student). A photocopy of the child’s Birth Certificate, most recent school report and NAPLAN results (if applicable) are required to accompany the application. Please provide a copy of the student's Visa and Passport (stamped with arrival date) for students born overseas.
- An enrolment interview with a parent or guardian and the student will be scheduled in accordance with application meeting the enrolment criteria. This can be conducted via Skype for those located remotely, interstate or overseas.
- To ensure the College is able to offer your child a progressive and engaging academic, cultural, physical and spiritual education, the Head of Primary or Head of Secondary will review all facets of your application before issuing a Letter of Offer.
- Upon welcoming you to the College a Letter of Offer will be forwarded to you together with a copy of the Student Enrolment Contract, Data Collection Notice and Confirmation of Enrolment. You will then be required to return all completed documentation to the Enrolments Registrar. Payment of the following fees and deposits will also be required prior to commencement:
- Confirmation Fee of $400 – Payment of this fee is per child and will acknowledge your acceptance of our offer and secure a placement at the College. This fee is non-refundable.
- Family Enrolment Deposit of $850 – This deposit is paid only once per family and is refundable in accordance with the terms of the Student Enrolment Contract, when your last child leaves the College
- Once your enrolment has been finalised, information regarding class requirements, uniforms, etc will be forwarded to you.
Please note that limited vacancies exist across our Primary School and in some year levels we do not have any vacancies.
Please click on the following links to view the College’s 2017 Fees Schedule.
Click here to download the following documents:
PREP YEAR COMMENCEMENT
Legislation requires that children must be turning 5 or turned 5 by June 30 in the year that they commence Prep.
- Born 01 July 2011 to 30 June 2012 - Register for Prep 2017 entry
- Born 01 July 2012 to 30 June 2013 - Register for Prep 2018 entry
- Born 01 July 2013 to 30 June 2014 - Register for Prep 2019 entry
- Born 01 July 2014 to 30 June 2015 - Register for Prep 2020 entry
- Born 01 July 2015 to 30 June 2016 - Register for Prep 2021 entry
- Born 01 July 2016 to 30 June 2017 - Register for Prep 2022 entry
If you have any questions please contact Sophie Benett, our Enrolments Registrar by telephoning (07) 3491 5502.
Thank you for choosing a Lakes College education for your child. We look forward to working with you in securing your child’s future.