The Lakes College seeks to enrol students who are able to make a positive contribution to the life of the College and who will benefit from its academic, extra-curricular and pastoral care programs. Applicants should demonstrate a willingness to take advantage of the extensive opportunities available and be supportive of the College’s Christian ethos. To be considered for a place at The Lakes College, an online application must be completed.
1. Complete an online application (one application is required for each student) www.thelakescollege.com.au/enrolments/online-enrolment. The Enrolments Office can provide assistance, should a parent/carer require help completing the form.
2. Each application is to include a copy of:
3. Upon processing, a receipt will be issued and email confirmation that your application has been received. The student’s name will be added to the waiting pool for the Year level requested. Note: an application does not guarantee that a place will be available or offered.
4. If the enrolment is for the current year (and a place is available) you will be contacted for an enrolment interview. The student and parents attend the interview. The latest copy of the school report is required at the interview, if not already supplied. A link to the Parent Handbook is provided when booking the interview. A printed copy of the Parent Handbook is available on request.
5. If the enrolment is for the following year, enrolment interviews will commence during Semester 1.
6. If the enrolment is for future years, you will be contacted the year prior to commencement for an enrolment interview. Communication is made by email, please ensure up to date contact details are provided.
7. The interview will be held with the Head or Deputy of School, or their chosen representative.
8. Within two weeks of the interview, an email will advise if a place is being offered. If the enrolment is for a year level where a large intake group exists, i.e. Prep or Year 7, an email will be sent four weeks after the interview has taken place. The College may request additional information at the interview. To avoid any delays in the enrolment process, please provide requested information as soon as possible.
9. If a place is offered, a “Letter of Offer” is emailed and all documentation must be completed and returned by the due dates:
A non-refundable Confirmation Fee of $400 is paid within 20 days to secure the position. A Family Enrolment Deposit of $850 is lodged with the College. The Family Enrolment Deposit is lodged once per family and is returned to the family when the last child leaves the College, in accordance with the Student Enrolment Contract. A printed offer pack can be provided on request.
10. If the place is being offered for the following year, additional information including a welcome link, is provided by email. Invitations to attend Orientation and Parent Information Sessions are sent by email. Prep and Year 7 Orientation is held in Term 4.
11. It is school policy that any sibling students wishing to enrol will be given priority in any waiting pool. However, siblings are not automatically enrolled. Parents are required to complete an application for each sibling, attend an enrolment interview and complete an enrolment contract for each child
Please note that limited vacancies exist across our College. Please contact the Enrolments Office if you wish to check if vacancies exist prior to submitting an application.
Fee Statements are emailed at least a week prior to the first day of term as well as being published to the Parent Lounge. Current parents are requested to ensure their contact details, specifically their email addresses, are current. Contact information may be updated via the Parent Lounge. It is an expectation that enrolling families are aware of the Tuition Fees payable. Fee Schedule.
Applications can be be made for entry in Year 1 - Year 12, however, many year levels are at capacity. Please contact our Enrolments Office to enquire on availability before lodging an application. Application Fees are non-refundable.
Legislation requires that children must be turning 5 or turned 5 by June 30 in the year that they commence Prep.
If you have any questions please contact our Enrolments Office on (07) 3491 5502 or by email email@example.com.
Thank you for choosing a Lakes College education for your child. We look forward to working with you in securing your child’s future.