Our Vision, Mission & Values
Leaders in inspirational and innovative learning.
The Lakes College provides exceptional student-centred education that develops people of character, who embody Uniting Church values in the community.
The College is engaged in the fundamental task of forming and informing young minds and hearts. In promoting the good news of Jesus Christ among students, families and staff members, gospel values are central to all that we seek to do:
- Faith – Faith is a place of mystery, where we wrestle with uncertainty. In letting go of the fear of that which is unknown, faith gives us the strength to believe in what we cannot see.
- Hope – Hope is a gift from God to humanity; thought underpinned by emotion to support humankind through the realities of life. Hope empowers us to survive, endure and seek the next horizon.
- Love – Love is having a deep respect and selfless care for all humanity and creation, nurtured by giving without expecting anything in return.
1 John 4:19 ‘We love because God first loved us’
- Courage – Courage lives in the heart where our vulnerability and new-found bravery meet. Itis where we dare to be honest and open about who we are and what we believe. Courage is about standing for what is right, even when it’s uncomfortable.
- Community – Community is about celebrating the authenticity of self and others, a place of true belonging, where uniqueness and diversity are accepted and embraced.
- Justice – Justice calls us to stand alongside the voiceless, the marginalised, the oppressed. Through a commitment to creating a more caring and just world - where people are empowered, where people are heard - we work towards reconciliation.
The Lakes College Spirit is reflected in our
aspirations for personal excellence, our commitment and persistence, our
celebrations of endeavour and achievement, our courage in all pursuits and our
compassion and respect for others.